How does acupuncture help improve fertility?
- Acupuncture increases blood flow to the ovaries, which provides the optimal conditions necessary to improve egg quality and increase follicle count.
- Acupuncture improves blood circulation within the uterine lining to promote successful implantation.
- Acupuncture reduces the side effects of medications used in IVF protocols and Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) procedures.
- Acupuncture decreases uterine contractions, which encourages implantation and prevents miscarriage.
- Acupuncture reduces the stress of trying to get pregnant.
- Acupuncture helps to balance the immune system and supports general health.
Fertility-related conditions treated include:
- Stress-related infertility
- Elevated FSH
- Poor response to ART stimulation
- Habitual miscarriage
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Autoimmune antibodies
- Cycle irregularity
- Anxiety / depression
- Side effects of hormone treatments
Does Acupuncture treat men to increase fertility?
If a man has been diagnosed with a low sperm count or motility problems, acupuncture and herbs may be highly beneficial, particularly prior to any lab-assisted fertility procedures. We often treat our patients’ partners, and have found this to contribute to successful pregnancy.
Fill out the contact form here to setup your free initial consultation. Make the first step towards healthier living today!