If you’ve ever struggled with Acne, you know that you’ll do anything to remedy it. From expensive treatments, facials, creams, lotions, and even pills – there are tons of options out there that promise cleaner, smoother skin. If you’re still struggling, there is growing evidence that perhaps acupuncture might be able to help. Here’s how.
According to a post found within Adult-acne.net, acupuncturists believe that acne is a result of an imbalance of chi, like many other ailments and diseases. By removing the original cause of the imbalance and restoring property flow, acne can improve.
The article states that many studies have shown the following results:
· It reduces acne inflammation by releasing vascular and immunomodulatory factors.
· It enhances natural killer cell activities
· It increases local microcirculation to disperse swelling
· Reduction of inflammatory lesions
· Overall improvement in the complexion
While the specific points used for treatments may vary depending on your skins individual needs, the article also specifically describes some of the more popular acne acupuncture points:
· Heavenly Pillar points- located half an inch beneath the skull on backside of the neck
· Sea of vitality–located 2 -3 inches above the buttocks on the sides of the spine on the lower back.
· Third eye point– located between the brows on the forehead.
· 4 Whites–located beneath the eyes: on the cheeks and half an inch beneath the lower ridge of the eyes.
· Facial beauty– beneath the 4 Whites points on the center of the cheeks and bottom of the cheekbones.
· Heavenly appearance– These points for acupuncture acne treatment lie below the earlobe and behind the jawbone
In addition to acupuncture, dietary changes can also have a large impact on success. Often times patients find that eliminating dairy, refined sugars, and other inflammatory or irritating foods can have a significant improvement on their complexion, too.