Pregnancy is a time of great joy, and great change.
By now, you've probably heard of the documented benefits that acupuncture can have on fertility and in supporting the efficacy of fertility treatments, but what about acupuncture during pregnancy itself?
If you're looking for relief from some of the physical or mental woes that accompany your miracle, tiny acuneedles can provide a great benefit. Here's how.
According to the famed What to Expect website, science has studied that can relieve the following pregnancy symptoms:
- Morning sickness (acupuncture points around the rest can be targeted. to help reduce the unpleasant nausea and vomiting that might come along, especially in the first trimester.)
- Lower back and pelvic pain (You're bound to have some aches and pains as your uterus expands and you're gaining weight. According to the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, acupuncture can help relieve this by targeting points on the ear. In fact, a study revealed that 80% of women in a group who had this type of treatment had a clinically significant reduction in pain, compared to 56$ of women who had "fake" acupuncture, and 36% of women who received no treatment.)
- Depression (Hormones are bound to make your emotions feel a little out of whack, but actual depression while preggo is fairly comment too, affecting nearly 25% of women. In a study from the journal titled Obstetrics & Gynecology, a clinical trial revealed that 65% of clinically depressed pregnant women who received acupuncture specifically for depression responded to treatment, while only 44% of women who received general acupuncture or massage responded.)
- Headaches (Restoring the balance of qi and blood flow can help to relieve the pain brought on by pregnancy induced headaches.)
- Sleep Problems (Though pregnancy is exhausting, many women find it difficult to sleep. Acupuncture can help people restore their sleep cycles and get meaningful rest, whether they are pregnant or not.)